FEC provides comprehensive due diligence services to help investors and lenders determine the viability of new investments.
Whether investing in a greenfield project opportunity, or purchasing existing assets or a business, due diligence plays a key role in satisfying investors and lenders of the viability of an investment. Our in-depth technical and operational expertise across the minerals, metals, manufacturing, glass and building materials sectors combined with our commercial knowledge within these sectors means that FEC can provide unique insights to our clients for their decision making.
For greenfield projects, due diligence assignments typically involve the review and appraisal of a feasibility study conducted for the project, in addition to:
- Raw materials supply agreements
- Market off-take agreements
- Equipment supply and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts
- Utility supply contracts
- Operation and management contracts.
For existing assets or businesses, due diligence assignments may involve review and verification of:
- Market and financial forecasts
- Plant and equipment condition surveys
- Review of operating procedures and maintenance practices
- Evaluation of health and safety and environmental performance
- Review of organisation, skills and training.
The aim of our due diligence services is to present investors and lenders with robust, clear and impartial advice regarding often technically complex investments in the minerals, metals, manufacturing, glass and building materials sectors. FEC often works alongside client appointed legal, finance and insurance advisors on due diligence assignments.
With our due diligence services, FEC can:
- Provide advice to mitigate technical, operational, commercial and environmental risks associated with an investment
- Support investors and lenders throughout the financing process by providing expert industry input, evaluating various strategic options and carrying out scenario and sensitivity analysis to determine impact on returns on investment
- Review and challenge future performance forecasts based on proven industry expertise.