Concept, Feasibility and Bankable Feasibility Studies
We provide concept, feasibility and bankable feasibility studies for a wide range of projects across the minerals, metals, manufacturing, glass, building materials and energy sectors.
From an investment in a new plant to upgrades of existing infrastructure, feasibility studies are crucial in demonstrating the business case for a project, before you proceed and commit further resources. Where there are several options or configurations to choose from, feasibility studies can also be used to help you determine the option that is the most viable and has the highest potential to succeed.
Each project has a unique set of technological, commercial, socio-economic, organisational and environmental factors that can influence its success. Our multi-disciplinary approach to feasibility studies means that all aspects of a project are taken into account in our studies, whether they are technical, economical, financial or environmental.
With our in-depth industry expertise, you can be assured that the data our studies are built on are realistic and accurate and based on real-world operational experience. One of our main strengths is the ability to combine the market, technical, financial and environmental aspects of a project to provide our clients with a comprehensive solution for evaluating new business opportunities.
Our studies are independent, unbiased and despite the complex considerations involved in many projects, are presented in a clear and concise manner that can be understood by all stakeholders.
FEC produces concept, feasibility studies and bankable studies that are bespoke, according to your specific project requirements. Our studies include:
- Determining and quantifying the size of the market for your products, the product characteristics with the highest demand, the most appropriate geographical sales markets and recommended pricing
- Identifying sources of the raw materials you will require and developing a raw materials sourcing strategy
- Evaluating potential plant technical configurations and available technology options
- Financial analysis, including estimates of capital costs and return on investment
- Scenario modelling
- Determining the suitability of your selected site or helping you determine aspects to consider when finding a suitable location
- Evaluating the utilities infrastructure you will require to operate your plant reliably and efficiently
- Identifying personnel and training requirements
- Preliminary environmental assessment
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis, to help you make the most of your investment
- Project and operational risk assessment.