Long Products Rolling
Steel long products are used in construction, bridges and railways to industrial machinery and automotive parts. Ongoing advances in engineering and technology in these applications demand higher quality and better performing products without impacting profitability. Using our wide ranging technical, operational and commercial expertise in steel long products rolling mills, FEC can help you develop efficient and sustainable facilities for new plants and optimise performance for existing operations.
Our specialists have experience working with many leading technology suppliers and contractors in the industry with extensive experience in rolling mills and projects around the world. Using a combination of our technical expertise and industry experience, FEC can provide our clients with consultancy services for developing new projects and improving the performance of existing plants.
The production requirements for steel long product rolling mills such as product quality, production volumes and steel types depend on the end use applications of their customers which can be unique from one facility to another. Using our wealth of knowledge in the industry, FEC provides customised consultancy, engineering and project management services based on the requirements of your business whether you are considering modifications to an existing rolling mill or installing brand new rolling mill.
Our expertise includes:
- Rebar mills
- Wire rod mills
- Merchant bar and light section mills
- Medium and heavy sections mills
- Rail rolling lines
FEC can advise on the production of all steel grades from carbon steel to stainless and special bar quality steels. In addition to the core process lines, we can advice on related facilities and infrastructure.
Our services include:
- Concept development and option studies
- Advice on technology selection
- Market studies
- Feasibility studies from pre-feasibility study level to bankable feasibility studies
- Technical due-diligence studies
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Tender management and procurement
- Design reviews
- Project Management Consultant (PMC) services
- Quality assurance and manufacturing surveillance
- Supervision of construction and commissioning
- Provision of maintenance schemes
- Operational assistance
- Performance studies
- Health and safety performance reviews and optimisation advice
- Environmental performance reviews and optimisation advice.