Flat Products Rolling
Steel flat products are used to manufacture everything from automotive exteriors, household appliances, industrial machinery, building structures and packaging. For both new steel rolling mills and modernisations of existing facilities, FEC can provide comprehensive technical and commercial advisory services across all flat products rolling technologies.
Innovations are being made continuously in flat products rolling technology to supply rolling mills which meet increasingly demanding and specialised market requirements for steel plate and coil. At the same time, upfront investment costs, operating costs and sustainability are pressing concerns for rolling mill project developers and operators.
The choice of technology and process route selection for a flat products rolling mill depends on a number of factors. These include the required physical characteristics of the rolled steel coil or plate, such as strength and toughness, and dimensional requirements, such as width and thickness. FEC has in-depth technical and commercial expertise in both traditional and innovative rolling technologies. We use our industry acumen and technical expertise to help clients select the most suitable process route and technology for their production requirements. Our expertise includes:
- Hot rolling
- Conventional hot strip mills
- Thin slab casting and rolling mills
- Plate mills
- Steckel mills
- Cold rolling
- Tandem cold mills
- Reversing mills
- Temper mills
- Cold mill complexes
Our expertise covers all product ranges from carbon steels, stainless and alloy steels to electrical steels. In addition to the core process lines, we can advice on related facilities and infrastructure.
FEC can provide support throughout the entire project lifecycle from identifying product requirements for a particular facility through market studies, carrying out feasibility studies and developing business plans to procurement support, project management and commissioning supervision. Whether your project involves a new facility or modernisation of an existing mill, we have the technical and commercial expertise to help you carry it out.
Our services include:
- Concept development and option studies
- Advice on technology selection
- Market studies
- Feasibility studies from pre-feasibility study level to bankable feasibility studies
- Technical due-diligence studies
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Tender management and procurement
- Design reviews
- Project Management Consultant (PMC) services
- Quality assurance and manufacturing surveillance
- Supervision of construction and commissioning
- Provision of maintenance schemes
- Operational assistance
- Performance studies
- Health and safety performance reviews and optimisation advice
- Environmental performance reviews and optimisation advice.