FEC provides consultancy, engineering and project management services to help investors, operators and project sponsors develop new float glass production facilities from the concept stage to execution and existing producers to troubleshoot operational issues, implement upgrades and reach world class operational standards.
Our specialists have a wealth of knowledge in the technical and operational aspects of float glass production in addition to commercial expertise in the sector. From initial concept development, carrying out feasibility studies to developing process configurations and specification of plant and equipment, we can provide expert advice to help you make the right business decisions for investments in the glass sector.
Obtaining the highest performance from your existing assets is crucial in maximising profitability. For glass producers, FEC can help you resolve operational issues and quality concerns and reach your target productivity levels.
With our specialist glass expertise, FEC can provide:
- Strategic advice on new investments including developing business cases, carrying out due diligence, preparing feasibility studies, estimating capital and operating costs and preparing financial models to assess the projected economic viability of your planned investments
- Market studies to help you determine the size of the market for your products, advise on opportunities to diversify your product range or for existing producers, identify the highest margin products you can produce with minimal or no additional investment using your existing assets
- Operational audits and performance reviews to benchmark your operations against industry best practice and advice on practices which can help you improve yield, quality, productivity and reduce operating costs
- Operational advice to help you rectify production issues and meet the necessary quality standards and accreditations for your customers and target markets
- Technical and operational expertise for process selection and determining the most suitable process configuration for your new production facilities
- Technical specifications for any new investments or upgrades you are considering and full support through tender management and procurement
- Project management services for implementing your chosen projects.